Friendship Court RN Supervisor
The RN Supervisor works under the guidance of the Director of Nursing to participate in planning, implementing, evaluating and supervising services for tenants. The RN Supervisor will serve as a team member to promote the optimal level of functioning and the dignity of each tenant in the assisted living facility.
Reports To: Director of Nursing
- Current license as a Registered Nurse in the State of Minnesota.
- Experience in supervision of unlicensed nursing personnel.
- Experience in assisted living or home health care nursing preferred.
- Must possess good verbal and written communication skills.
- Current CPR certification.
- Must qualify for employment after criminal background study, per guidelines of the Minnesota Department of Human Services.
- Participate in assessing the eligibility of prospective tenants for assisted living services.
- Participate in tenant admission process including admission assessment, service agreement, medication and treatment orders, and plan of care.
- Orient staff to tenant’s plan of care.
- Assist in providing nursing services as appropriate to each tenant’s plan of care.
- Assist in conducting supervisory visits within 5 days of initiation of services and at least every 90 days.
- Review and sign Medication and Treatment records weekly; review and sign PRN
- And Held Medication Records weekly or at frequency specified in tenant plan of care.
- Assist in communicating changes in tenant’s health status to physician.
- Assist in obtaining physician’s orders as necessary for medication and treatment changes.
- Assist in renewing medication and treatment orders at least every 12 months.
- Participate in the review and revision of each tenant’s evaluation and service plan at least annually or more frequently when there is a change in the tenant’s condition that requires a change in services.
- Participate in team meetings.
- Summon EMS as appropriate to tenant need; complete transfer form and follow up with phone call to facility for emergency transfers.
- Participate in discharge planning and discharge process.
- Provide complete and accurate documentation of services.
- Other duties as requested by Director of Nursing.
- Ability to occasionally bend, stoop, squat, reach above shoulder level, crouch, kneel, and push/pull.
- Ability to carry up to 35 pounds.
- Ability to lift up to 75 pounds.
- Ability to understand and use good body mechanics.