GENERAL DESCRIPTION: The cook is responsible for food preparation and tray service and clean up, kitchen clean up. Other duties as assigned to her by the Director of Culinary Services such as special functions meal preps.
REPORTS TO: Director of Culinary Services and Assistant Directors
Education: High school graduate.
Skills and Abilities Required:
- Knowledge of the work to be performed.
- Previous work experience preferred.
FUNDAMENTAL JOB DUTIES:
- Ability to work closely with other staff personnel.
- Communicate with nursing staff when necessary.
- Adaptable to situations that may occur in a nursing home.
- Understanding of basic quantity food preparation and sanitation control.
- Acquainted with food service terms, the use of food service equipment, and able to work from written and oral instructions.
- Have general understanding of general and modified diets.
- Ability to work from a printed menu and spreadsheet.
- Know and follow facility safety rules.
- Know the tornado and fire procedures.
SECONDARY JOB DUTIES:
- To wear nametag at all times.
- Maintains an effective working relationship with fellow employees.
- Maintains a neat and orderly workstation.
- Performs duties in a safe manner and observes all safety policies.
- To follow rules and regulations of facility and department as stated in the employee handbook and department procedure manuals.
- May perform reasonably similar or related duties as assigned.
- Must be able to occasionally lift and carry up to 40 pounds.
This Job Description subject to review and modification as needed.
St. Luke’s Lutheran Care Center is an equal opportunity provider and employer