Plan and Implement activities and entertainment to residents according to assessments and care plans. Provide 1-1 interaction and stimulation as need requires. Work weekends, evenings and holidays when assigned.
Reports to: TR Director
Fundamental Job Duties:
- Provide activities appropriate to resident’s physical and cognitive abilities as set forth by assessments and care plans.
- As resident’s physical/mental conditions permit, transport residents to and from activities throughout facility.
- Responsible for planning and implementing assigned programs.
- Distribute newspapers, mail and daily activity/menu sheets.
- Record refrigerator temperature in TR Room, date every item put into the refrigerator and clean refrigerator as needed.
- Use telephone/intercom as necessary to announce programs.
- Provide auditory stimulation for residents as needed.
- Maintain daily participation records, assessments, progress notes, care plans and any other appropriate paperwork as assigned.
- Update activity director of any changes in residents prior to scheduled care conference.
- Maintain and clean the TR Room or any other room where a program is held.
- Alert charge nurse of any vulnerable adult issues, (know Vulnerable Adult Abuse Prevention Plan).
- Report broken equipment and supplies to TR Director. (Know St. Luke Safety Policies).
- Other duties as assigned by TR Director or Assistant Director.
- Be able to work weekends, nights and holidays as assigned.
- Abide by established policies and licensing agencies of the facility.
- Everything you see and hear stays at St. Luke’s. Keep everything confidential, remember HIPPA.
- Work with a team approach, each TR staff brings his or her talents to the table. Be willing to accept change. Remember we are here for only one reason, and that is to make each resident feel special and to grace their latter years with fun, dignity and due respect.
- Ability to occasionally bend, stoop, squat, reach above shoulder level, crouch, kneel, and push/pull.
- Ability to carry up to 35 pounds.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to understand and use good body mechanics.