JOB TITLE: Housekeeping
DEPARTMENT: Building Services
SALARY CLASSIFICATIONS: Non-exempt, Hourly
GENERAL DESCRIPTION: Clean resident rooms, parlors and halls according to facilities policies and procedures. Special cleaning projects will be assigned. May be scheduled to work in any area of the department.
POSITIONS: Seasonal to part time or full time.
REPORTS TO: Director of Building Services
HOURS: 7:30 A.M. TO 3:00P.M. or as scheduled per the Building Services Director.
Education: High school graduate.
Skills and Abilities Required:
- Ability to read, write and follow oral and written instructions.
- Knowledge of the work to be performed.
- Must be flexible and able to adapt to unforeseen changes, interruptions.
FUNDAMENTAL JOB DUTIES:
- Ability to work closely with other staff personnel.
- Communicate with nursing staff when necessary.
- Adaptable to situations that may occur in a nursing home.
- Be a good evaluator and manager of time.
- Dusting, Dust mopping, wet mopping, collecting garbage, vacuuming and washing windows..
- Expected to clean up spills, vomit, etc. from floors when needed.
- All cleaning standards must be met.
- Make any room changes according to Social Services requests.
- Pack residents’ belongings upon a discharge or death, and clean the room for its next occupant.
- Know and follow facility safety rules.
- Know the tornado and fire procedures.
SECONDARY JOB DUTIES:
- To wear nametag at all times.
- Maintains an effective working relationship with fellow employees.
- Maintains a neat and orderly workstation.
- Performs duties in a safe manner and observes all safety policies.
- To follow rules and regulations of facility and department as stated in the employee handbook and department procedure manuals.
- To adhere to the Code of Conduct and Compliance policies as defined in the new employee orientation information.
- May perform reasonably similar or related duties as assigned.
- Work will be monitored and inspected on a regular basis.
- Any assigned tasks must be completed by the end of each shift.
- Complete all tasks according to prescribed procedures.
- Utilize chemicals and supplies efficiently according to established procedures and amounts.
- Exercise established safety practices with regard to patients, staff, visitors and self.
- Operate equipment safely and efficiently according to established policy and procedures.
- Cleans and returns all equipment to storage areas after each use.
- Immediately reports all damaged and unsafe equipment to the Maintenance Department.
- Maintains established level of supplies for the work area.
- Maintains resident privacy and confidentiality at all times according to established procedures.
- Provides positive supportive communication to residents, families, visitors, anyone within our facility.
- Assist visitors with information or directions whenever requested or when a visitor appears in need of help.
- Works in a typical long term care environment subject to the hazards associated with such a facility.
- Flexible working schedule is required, including overtime, weekend assignments, and coming in on short notice.
- Work with large and small equipment, many odors and some dust.
- Constant amounts of physical effort required, including walking lifting, pulling, pushing, stooping, reaching and operating different equipment.
- Vision must be good and prescribed glasses worn.
- High tolerance for pressure and stress due to task interruptions.
- High tolerance for change.
- Must be able to occasionally lift and carry up to _______30_________ pounds.