"A volunteer is a person who believes that people can make a difference...and is willing to prove it."
Volunteers are essential to the ministry of gentle service we provide at St. Luke's. There are simply not enough resources to staff the number of people it takes to meet all the needs for human contact and caring.
St. Luke's treasures its many volunteers who demonstrate their commitment in many different ways to the ministry of gentle service we offer our residents. Examples of volunteer opportunities include:
- Friendly visitor ~ Reading to residents, helping to write letters playing games,visiting or pet visits.
- Assisting at Activities ~ Bingo, cards, crafts
- Presenting programs~ Special music
- Assisting residents around the building and from activities or programs around the building.
- Staff helping with coffee hour
Our Volunteer Coordinator and Therapeutic Recreation Director coordinate the volunteer program and are available to discuss with you the opportunities that best fit your talents, interests and schedule.
If you would like to become a volunteer or need more information please contact:
St. Luke's Lutheran Care Center
1219 So. Ramsey Street
Blue Earth, MN 56013
507-526-2184 (St. Luke's)