The maintenance staff provides support in the upkeep and repair of the home and apartments, as well complete ground care in all seasons.
REPORTS TO: Environmental Services Director
Education: Boiler Engineer license of 2nd Class C rating minimum. MPCA A/B operator (Underground Storage Tanks), Training Available
Skills and Abilities Required:
Must be able to read and write in the English language.
Must be able to lift 50lbs regularly and occasionally up to 100lbs.
Carpentry, electrical skills, and mechanical skills.
Must be able to make independent decisions.
Ability to follow directions.
Ability to cooperate with others.
FUNDAMENTAL JOB DUTIES:
1. Maintain and repair all equipment, appliances and furniture.
2. Assist in checking, cleaning, repairing, and replacing:
Hot water system (St. Luke's, New Life Manor, Southview Estates, Friendship Court)
Electrical (St. Luke's, New Life Manor, Southview Estates, Friendship Court)
Air handling units - motors, belts, and filters (St. Luke's, New Life Manor, Southview Estates, Friendship Court)
Building security system
Energy management system
Monthly Preventive Maintenance Books
3. Upkeep grounds, mowing, snow removal, seasonal planting, weed removal and grooming. (St. Luke's, New Life Manor, Southview Estates, Friendship Court)
4. Carpentry work as needed throughout the facility. (St. Luke's, New Life Manor, Southview Estates, Friendship Court)
5. Assist in fire drills and alarms.
6. Assist in developing preventative measures to improve the maintenance function.
7. Assist in unloading delivered supplies for all departments. (St. Luke's, New Life Manor, Southview Estates, Friendship Court)
8. Assist in maintaining all maintenance equipment on regular basis, while keeping logs on specified items.
9. Know the tornado and fire procedures.
10. Know and follow the attached safety rules.
11. Any other assigned tasks.
SECONDARY JOB DUTIES:
1. To wear nametag at all times.
2. Maintains an effective working relationship with fellow employees.
3. Maintains a neat and orderly workstation.
4. Performs duties in a safe manner and observes all safety policies.
5. To follow rules and regulations of facility and department as stated in the employee handbook and department procedure manuals.
On call every third week for seven days with a cell phone.
Work every third weekend.
79 hour work week. (7.9 hours per day).
In an 8-hour workday, employee must be able to sit for 1 hour, stand for 1 hour and walk for 6 hours.
Employee must be able to occasionally crawl, climb heights, and balance.
Job requires that the employee use feet for repetitive movements in operating foot controls.
Job requires that the employee be able to use hands for repetitive actions such as simple and firm grasping and fine manipulating.
Job requires the employee to be around moving machinery.
Job requires the employee to be able to drive automotive equipment and grounds equipment.
Employee may be exposed to dust, fumes, and glass.