JOB TITLE: Building Service Techs
DEPARTMENT: Southview Estates
SALARY CLASSIFICATION: Non-exempt, Hourly
GENERAL DESCRIPTION: Clean resident rooms, and halls according to facilities policies and procedures. Special cleaning projects will be assigned. May be scheduled to work in any area of the department. Is responsible for kitchen clean up in the service of food for dinner and doing dishes after the meal.
REPORTS TO: Housing Manager
8:00 A.M. TO 2:30 P.M.
SUPERVISES: Housing Manager
Education: High school diploma or GED
Skills and Abilities Required:
• Ability to read, write and follow oral and written instructions.
• Knowledge of the work to be performed.
• Must be flexible and able to adapt to unforeseen changes, interruptions.
• Must be able to work alone and with others.
• Must be a self-starter with little need for supervision.
FUNDAMENTAL JOB DUTIES:
• Ability to work closely with other staff personnel.
• Communicate with all staff and residents.
• Adaptable to situations that may occur in.
• Be a good evaluator and manager of time.
• Dusting, Dust mopping, wet mopping, collecting garbage, vacuuming and washing windows.
• Understanding of basic quantity food preparation and sanitation control.
• Acquainted with food service terms, the use of food service equipment, and able to work from written and oral instructions.
• All cleaning standards must be met.
• Make any room changes according to Housing Manger.
• Clean residents room from top to bottom when we have a change over.
• Know and follow facility safety rules.
• Know the tornado and fire procedures.
SECONDARY JOB DUTIES:
• To wear nametag at all times.
• Maintains an effective working relationship with fellow employees.
• Maintains a neat and orderly workstation.
• Performs duties in a safe manner and observes all safety policies.
• To follow rules and regulations of facility and department as stated in the employee handbook and department procedure manuals.
• May perform reasonably similar or related duties as assigned.
• Work will be monitored and inspected on a regular basis.
• Any assigned tasks must be completed by the end of each shift.
• Complete all tasks according to prescribed procedures.
• Utilize chemicals and supplies efficiently according to established procedures and amounts.
• Exercise established safety practices with regard to patients, staff, visitors and self.
• Operate equipment safely and efficiently according to established policy and procedures.
• Cleans and returns all equipment to storage areas after each use.
• Immediately reports all damaged and unsafe equipment to the Maintenance Department.
• Maintains established level of supplies for the work area.
• Maintains resident privacy and confidentiality at all times according to established procedures.
• Provides positive supportive communication to residents, families, visitors, anyone within our facility.
• Assist visitors with information or directions whenever requested or when a visitor appears in need of help.
• Set working schedule is required, including, weekend assignments.
• Work with large and small equipment, many odors and some dust.
• Constant amounts of physical effort required, including walking lifting, pulling, pushing, stooping, reaching and operating different equipment.
• Vision must be good and prescribed glasses worn.
• High tolerance for pressure and stress due to task interruptions.
• High tolerance for change.
1. Must be able to occasionally lift and carry up to 30 pounds and perform repetitive bending if needed.
I _______________________have read the above job description and fully understand the conditions set forth therein. If employed as the_________________________, I will perform these duties to the best of my knowledge and ability.
This Job Description subject to review and modification as needed.