RN/LPN's - Evening Shift
RN/LPN's - Evening Shift
GENERAL DESCRIPTION: The Licensed Nurse works under the guidance of the Director of Nursing to coordinate, provide and supervise/monitor nursing care. The Licensed Nurse will serve as a team member, along with the Resident Care Coordinator, to promote optimal resident care.
REPORTS TO: Director of Nursing. In the absence of the Director of Nursing, reports to the Assistant Director of Nursing.
SUPERVISES: Nursing Assistants, Trained Medication Aides
- Current license as a Registered Nurse or a Licensed Practical Nurse in the state of Minnesota.
- Current C.P.R. certification.
- Experience in geriatric nursing preferred.
- Possession of good written and verbal communication skills.
- Eligibility for employment after criminal background study, per guidelines of the Minnesota Department of Human Services.
FUNDAMENTAL JOB DUTIES:
- Follow established standards of nursing practice and implement facility policies and procedures.
- Interpret existing policies and procedures to Nursing Assistants, residents, families and physicians.
- Participate in resident admission process, transfer and discharge process.
- Review assignments to assure adequate staffing for shift and receive report on residents. Review 24-Hour Report.
- Coordinate and evaluate all direct resident care and initiate corrective action as necessary.
- Supervise (RN’s) or monitor (LPN’s) the performance of Nursing Assistants and Trained Medication Aides.
- Conduct resident rounds daily, reporting problems to nursing supervisor and Initiating corrective action.
- Identify safety hazards and initiate corrective action immediately.
- Attend staff meetings, in-service classes and committee meetings as assigned.
- Participate in the development, review and implementation of the residents’ care plans. Participate in resident care conferences.
- Participate in the employee evaluation process by providing information on the performance of Nursing Assistants and Trained Medication Aides.
- Administer and document direct resident care, medications and treatments per physicians’ orders and accurately record care provided.
- Monitor residents for effectiveness of drug therapy and occurrence of adverse effects. Document findings.
- Order, receive and store medications appropriately.
- Notify physicians, when necessary, of significant changes in residents’ conditions.
- Accompany physicians on rounds.
- Document resident progress notes as required by facility policy.
- Observe infection control procedures.
- Consistently work cooperatively with residents, residents’ representatives, facility staff, physicians, consultants and ancillary service providers.
- Receive and transcribe physician orders.
- Demonstrate positive working relationship with coworkers and other departments.
- Promote positive image of St. Luke’s Lutheran Care Center
- Address resident/staff issues in private.
- Abide by Nursing Department dress code. Wear nametag at all times.
- Attend in-service activities to improve knowledge and skills and maintain competency.
- Participate in St. Luke’s Lutheran Care Center continuous quality improvement efforts.
WORKING CONDITIONS: Nursing Stations.
- Ability to occasionally bend, stoop, squat, reach above shoulder level, crouch, kneel, and push/pull.
- Ability to carry up to 35 pounds.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to understand and use good body mechanics.
This Job Description subject to review and modification as needed.
St. Luke’s Lutheran Care Center is an equal opportunity provider and employer