Director of Culinary Services
GENERAL DESCRIPTION: Supervises and instructs all Culinary Services employees. Is responsible for nutritional health of residents on campus. Complies with all state and federal regulations.
REPORTS TO: Administrator SUPERVISES: Assistant Director(s), Cooks, and Dietary Aides
Education: Certified Dietary Manager, CFPP, or successful completion of a degree in Dietetics or Food and Nutrition.
Skills and Abilities Required:
- Ability to give written and oral instruction.
- Knowledge of the work to be performed and possess ability to supervise the work of others.
- Ability to communicate with the nursing staff.
- Good evaluator and manager.
- Understanding of basic quantity food preparation and sanitation control.
- Be acquainted with food service best practices; the use of food service equipment.
- Able to work from written and oral instructions.
- Good understanding of general and modified diets, capable of writing the menus.
- Understand wholesale ordering inventory and receiving for groceries and supplies.
- Work closely with the Consultant Dietitian and Administrator.
FUNDEMENTAL JOB DUTIES:
- Visit new residents within 24 hours of admission.
- Complete all MDS assessments raps; attend Care Conferences as required.
- Write and modify menus for qualification by the Consultant Dietitian.
- Hiring, disciplinary action and termination of Nutritional Services staff.
- Supervise all special meals and functions in the facility involving Nutritional Services.
- Attend and contribute to staff/interdepartmental meetings as required.
- Investigate accidents and take action where required to correct difficulties.
- Know tornado and fire procedures.
- Visit with residents to determine satisfaction with meals on a regular basis.
- Provide menus for and oversee meal production and service for Adult Day Care, New Life Manor, Southview Apartments, Friendship Court as well as St. Luke’s residents.
SECONDARY JOB DUTIES:
- 1.Maintains an effective working relationship with fellow employees.
- 2.Maintains a neat and orderly workstation.
- 3.Performs duties in a safe manner and observes all safety policies.
- 4.To follow rules and regulations of facility and department as stated in the employee handbook and department procedure manuals.
- To adhere to the Code of Conduct and Compliance policies as defined in the new employee orientation information.
- 6.May perform reasonably similar or related duties as assigned.
WORKING CONDITIONS: Office and kitchen areas.
- Must be able to occasionally lift and carry up to 50 pounds.
This Job Description is subject to review and modification as needed.
St. Luke’s Lutheran Care Center is an equal opportunity provider and employer