HR Business Office Assistant
JOB TITLE: Business Office/HR Asst DEPARTMENT: Business/HR Office
SALARY CLASSIFICATION: Hourly
GENERAL DESCRIPTION: To support the administration and staff of St. Luke’s in achieving the mission and vision of the organization, through daily performance of a wide variety of duties and responsibilities.
REPORTS TO: Finance Director SUPERVISES: None
Education: 2 years of business education or equivalent experience. Must have good computer skills as well as be proficient in Microsoft Office and QuickBooks software. Be knowledgeable on all office equipment such as copier, 10 key adding machine, fax machine and others as determined by management.
Skills and Abilities Required:
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to be flexible and adapt to changing priorities.
- Possess strong initiative and self-direction; ability to assess daily tasks and prioritize accordingly; make decisions appropriately.
- Possess ability to work independently and to carry out designated tasks with minimal direction.
- Good interpersonal communication skills – verbal and written.
- Must possess strong organizational skills, including able to work successfully in a busy, noisy environment.
- Must have good telephone skills.
- Adhere to dress code of business attire, professional appearance.
FUNDAMENTAL JOB DUTIES:
- Maintains strict confidentiality with all information relating to clients, staff or corporate operations.
- Learn and become very familiar with current accounting software.
- Assist in preparing bi-weekly payroll.
- Orientate new employees and enter their electronic files.
- Assist with employee benefit operations.
- Prepare and distribute monthly billing for private pay, MA residents, AL and apartment residents.
- Prepare and submit Affirmative Action reports.
- Assist with the workers compensations and safety programs.
- Enter payments received into their proper accounting system.
- Maintain accounts payable, run AP checks and EFT transfers, balance AP and close the month.
- Post AR payments, make weekly deposits and balance month end close.
- Provide backup for receptionist as needed.
- Assist with year-end procedures as requested.
SECONDARY JOB DUTIES:
- Provides support to other Departments as assigned. Effectively communicate and cooperate with entire staff.
- Maintains an effective working relationship with fellow employees.
- Maintains a neat and orderly workstation.
- Performs duties in a safe manner and observes all safety policies.
- Follows rules and regulations of facility and department as stated in the employee handbook and department procedure manuals.
- May perform reasonably similar or related duties as assigned.
- Follow the HIPAA policy concerning residents and staff, as well as the safety, fire, tornado and disaster policies of St. Luke’s.
- Be familiar with St. Luke’s employee handbook.
- To adhere to the Code of Conduct and Compliance policies as defined in the new employee orientation information.
Business office area.
- Must be able to occasionally lift and carry up to 10 pounds.
- Ability to occasionally bend, stoop, reach above shoulder level, and push/pull
- Ability to understand and use good body mechanics.